Vend WooCommerce Information for Twopairs
A register has been added called ‘WooCommerce’ and all web sales will be shown against this register. It was necessary to add the register as each online order will open the register WooCommerce uses in Vend and this avoids opening the main register after hours.
A payment type of ‘WooCommerce’ has been added to Vend and each website sale will be shown in Vend as this payment type.
Receipts for WooCommerce sales will have a suffix of TP-WC- . If this is not suitable, please change it in Vend->Setup->Outlets and Registers->Receipt->Suffix
On the same page as above, the block called ‘At End of Sale’ may require fine tuning to suit Twopairs’ requirements.
The Vend-WooCommerce integration shares product, inventory, customer and sales information between both systems, simplifying daily operations by saving time on manual admin and double-entry. Everything is kept up-to-date between your online and brick-and-mortar stores, so you can be confident that you will only sell stock you have.
You will be able to manage sales, inventory, and reporting all from one place.
You can think of the WooCommerce integration as an extra shop window for your entire store. After connecting your WooCommerce and Vend store, you will have the option to link your WooCommerce store to one or more of your Vend outlets. By doing so, you can pick which of that outlet’s inventory are shown online, and WooCommerce will display available inventory levels from the linked outlet.
When a customer makes a purchase in your store, or you complete a stock order, transfer, or stocktake, the sale will be recorded on the register selected for the WooCommerce integration in Vend (‘WooCommerce’), your inventory levels will be updated, and this will be updated in your WooCommerce store.
How the sync works
- Enter products to Vend
- Publish products to WooCommerce
- WooCommerce sells products and feeds inventory changes back to Vend.
- Product management is done in Vend for all values that are synced by the integration: Price, images etc. while WooCommerce provides the beautiful storefront.
Vend overrules/manages WooCommerce product inventory while WooCommerce feeds selected info (sales, inventory) back to it. Due to the fact that Vend is the deciding factor in this system, we call Vend the Source of Truth and new products must be entered to Vend and published to WooCommerce. Additional info can then be added to the product on the WooCommerce site.
Images can be included when creating the product in Vend but deleting the images in Vend will not delete them in WooCommerce. You will need to delete them in WooCommerce if required.
Adding new single products
1.Create the product in Vend.
2. Find the product on the product page in Vend. Select it and click the Publish to WooCommerce button.
3. Add beautiful images and other details needed for online sales, such as weight, in WooCommerce.
Product information fields displayed on WooCommerce
Title, Page Title
Description, Meta Description
Off – N/A, On – On, product only sold when inventory > 0.
Primary location inventory
When publishing your product to Vend, we’ll also publish all the images you have in Vend to WooCommerce. If you decide to add new images to a product at a later stage, these images will overwrite the images you have in Woo.
Variants and Composite Products
Composite products will display as an individual product in WooCommerce, with the information matched to the composite product in Vend, rather than the component items. Sales of a composite product in WooCommerce will still update the inventory of those items in Vend.
Variant products will display as a single product in WooCommerce, with drop-down menus to select your different variant options on the product’s page. This means that you won’t be able to display each product in your WooCommerce store separately. If a product is set up as a variant in Vend, all versions of the variant will be sent to WooCommerce. You cannot publish a selection of the versions of the variant to your WooCommerce store.
If you want to display each product individually, you’ll need to set them up as separate products in your Vend store.
Managing Linked Products
Update linked products
Once you have linked your products in both WooCommerce and Vend, apart from the exceptions below, your product will always be updated. All other fields (name, price, tags, description, quantity etc.), including new variants to a product, should be edited in Vend when you make updates to your product.
The exceptions are:
When you edit a product in Vend, WooCommerce will be updated when you save the changes. Sometimes, updates take a while to process. If the update does not publish after 1 hour, contact our Support Team.
If you need to update a large volume of products, you can complete this via CSV import.
Hide a linked product (make a product inactive)
Important: If you make any changes to a hidden product in Vend, it should be made visible again in WooCommerce.
You can toggle the visibility of a product in Vend if you do not wish to display it in WooCommerce. This can be useful if a product is seasonal, or you no longer sell the product currently but may sell it again at some point in the future.
To hide a product on Vend, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Products screen in Vend and find the product you wish to disable.
2. Choose Edit Product.
3. Once on the Edit Product screen, under the Product Type field, click on the green toggle for Sell on Point-of-Sale. This will turn the toggle grey and will disable the product in both Vend and WooCommerce.
It will no longer be accessible on your WooCommerce store or the Vend Sell screen. However, it does not break the link between the product in Vend and WooCommerce, so any updates made to the product in Vend will still carry across to the product in WooCommerce.
To confirm that this has worked you can click the View on WooCommerce button on the product page.
Delete a linked product
I want to delete the product from my Vend store AND my WooCommerce store.
To delete the product in both your Vend and WooCommerce store, always delete the product in Vend. Click on Delete Product on the product detail page of the product. This will update your WooCommerce store. Do NOT manually delete the product in WooCommerce.
I only want to delete the product from my WooCommerce store.
You may not want to delete a product from your Vend store, as you can report on the deleted product. This is useful for items you no longer have in inventory, and will not be reordering.
Important: This does not apply to products with variants. You must delete the variant in Vend to remove it from WooCommerce.
To delete the product from your WooCommerce store, follow the steps below:
1. In Vend, head to the Product page.
2. Click on the product you wish to delete. This will take you to the product detail page.
3. Click the Unpublish button. This will break the link with WooCommerce. The item will continue to appear on your WooCommerce store at this stage, therefore you will need to delete the item from your WooCommerce store.
Adding or Adjusting Inventory
- Complete an order, transfer, or stocktake in the Vend outlet(s) linked to your WooCommerce store.
- When the order (transfer or stocktake) is completed in Vend, the changes will be updated in your WooCommerce store. Note: If you have a large number of products, especially during your stocktake, any changes may take some time to update in your WooCommerce store.
Receiving an order in your WooCommerce store
- A customer completes a sale (order) in your store.
- In Vend:
- The sale and payments are recorded in the linked outlet on the register you have selected.
- The closed sale reduces the inventory level for that outlet.
- In WooCommerce:
- The order will be recorded.
- An email will be sent to the customer confirming the sale.
- You need to fulfil the order on the WooCommerce order fulfilment page.
- The order fulfilment will send a shipping confirmation to the customer.
Note: Orders are received by Vend when they are in Processing status on WooCommerce, to ensure inventory at the time. For BACS, direct bank transfer and cash on delivery, Vend will receive the order when the order is On Hold. You will need to follow the steps below (‘Bank Deposit payment type’) to add payment to the order to complete it.
When a sale comes through to Vend from your WooCommerce store, we’ll create a Shipping Charges product. Each WooCommerce order with shipping charges will have this product, with your shipping charge amount, added to the sale.
This means you can also report on the total amount of shipping charges using the Product reports in Vend.
Bank deposit payment type
If you accept payments made via bank deposit, the sale from WooCommerce will be sent to Vend at the time the order is made. The sale balance will show as unpaid.
When the customer pays you, you will need to record the payment and fulfil the order in WooCommerce and record the payment in Vend. Updating the sale in WooCommerce WILL NOT update the sale in Vend.
To apply the payment in Vend:
- Your register MUST be open when you apply the payment.
- Locate the sale in the Sales Ledger.
- Click the Apply Payment link.
- Select the payment type, today’s date, and the current time. The current time MUST be after the register was opened, and before the register was closed, or your payment will not appear in your register closure reporting.
Do not unlink and re-link your stores unless you are planning on deleting all items from your WooCommerce store and starting from scratch.